for the possibilities.
for the team-focused approach.
for the family-oriented culture.
MSI General is seeking an experienced commercial construction Architect to join our team. We are one of the first fully integrated DESIGNBUILD construction firms in Wisconsin, with over 64 years of continuous profitability delivering excellence in design, estimating, and construction management. The Architect at MSI General is responsible for overall project design implementation, concepts and objectives.
- Develop proposal and construction documents
- Prepare plan sets that include; site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, details sections, and other items as necessary to convey the design intent
- Become familiar with municipal requirements including; zoning, setback, landscape, lighting, parking, easements, design standards, construction materials, allowable heights and area, signage and fire protection and alarms
- DesignBuild experience is a plus, but not required
- Ability to participate in presentation to clients
- Graphic communication experience
- Excellent communication skills, being a confident communicator in team environment
- High competence in detailing and dissecting of building components
- Current State of Wisconsin and local codes
- AutoCAD, Revit, Enscape, SketchUp, Microsoft Office
- Architecture/Design principles
- Building materials and related construction types and techniques
- Relationship between the design process and the construction process
- Building systems – Structural, MEP, site analysis
- Concept of value engineering from the initial design concept while still creating design excellence
- Current drawing standards
- MSI General’s current Master Specification requirements
- BA Architecture
- 8-15 years of experience
- Licensed in Wisconsin
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous benefits package
- Corporate wellness program
- On-site fitness center
- Education or training assistance
- Team building activities