The Riviera - Lake Geneva, WI
You are here:

Specialty Projects: Historical

The Riviera

The Riviera
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

The Riviera was built in 1932 on a rubble mound in Lake Geneva supported by 280 piles. In 1986, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Riviera Ballroom on the 2nd level is a popular venue for weddings and other meetings while the 1st floor was initially designed and used as a bathhouse for Riviera Beach. Subsequent “renovations” enclosed the 1st floor and created a small shop space for seasonal vendors.

The City of Lake Geneva utilized an extensive public comment process to generate the renovation plans and voted to renovate the Riviera to solve issues with roof leaks, window leaks, masonry issues, MEP issues, etc. MSI General was privileged to be chosen and works to maintain the historical elements of the building while modernizing the facility to accommodate year-round use of the facility. Lake Geneva wanted to keep the Riviera open during the season so the required work has to be done during a window of time from early February to early May so they could still hold Winterfest at the end of January and open for Spring weddings. This required that a phased renovation be undertaken. The first phase began in February 2020 to replace the roof, the 2nd floor windows, and to tuckpoint the masonry.

The second and third phases of work in following years will replace much of the MEPs and renovate the first and second floors.

The Riviera - Lake Geneva, WI