Submit your resume below.
MSI General Career Opportunities
ArchitectMSI General is seeking an Architect to join our team! We are one of the first fully integrated design/build construction firms in Wisconsin, with over 60 years of continuous profitability delivering excellence in design, estimating, and construction management. This position focuses a great deal of attention upon accurate results. Clear, concise communication to internal team and external clients is required. Orientation will be to accomplish goals through systems and controls, which will be guided with calculated care. Ideas will be worked out in a creative, thorough and accurate manner.
The Architect at MSI General is responsible for overall project design implementation, concepts and objectives. This individual needs to work with an Architectural Designer to assist in completing a building that meets and/or exceeds the client’s needs/program. The Architect also needs to develop a clear understanding of how the built environments affect the end users.
- Develop complete proposal and construction documents
- Prepare plan sets that include; site plans, floor plans, elevations, sections, details sections, and other items as necessary to convey the design intent
- Research municipal requirements including; zoning, setback, landscape, lighting, parking, easements, design standards, construction materials, allowable heights and area, signage and fire protection and alarms
- Ability to participate in presentation to clients
- Operation of MSI General’s current CAD program(s)
- Graphic communication
- Excellent communication skills, being a confident communicator in large and small groups
- Ability to convey ideas in a variety of ways and settings
- Competence in detailing
- Ability to work in teams, while sometimes acting as the team leader
- Ability to sketch on paper as well as a computer
- Current State of Wisconsin and local codes
- Design/build process, Architecture/Design principles
- Construction types and techniques
- Building materials
- Relationship between the design process and the construction process
- Building systems – Structural, MEP, site analysis
- Concept of value engineering from the initial design concept while still creating design excellence
- Current drawing standards
- MSI General’s current Master Specification requirements
- BA Architecture
- 3-7 years experience
- Master of Architecture
- 7-12 years experience
- LEED AP or pursuing certification
- State of Wisconsin Registration as an Architect
- Member American Institute of Architects
- Participation in AIA activities to earn required 18 CEU’s per year
MSI General is seeking a commercial construction Estimator to join our team! We are one of the first fully integrated Design/Build construction firms in Wisconsin, with over 60 years of continuous profitability delivering excellence in design, estimating, and construction management. We are Veteran-owned, and the only company on the Business Journal’s Book of Lists for both Top Architectural & Construction firms in 2017 & 2018. We would like to find an Estimator to solicit and receive project proposals from subcontractors, analyze bids, negotiate contracts, problem solve, and control project costs. This position requires a well-rounded estimating background – Design Build, negotiated, conceptual, and hard bid.
Basic Qualifications – Recommended/Preferred:
- Construction Management degree (2 to 4 year) or other technical degree
- 10 years related experience
- Execute bid process – both project requirements and subcontract
- Review and understand proposal and construction drawings
- Complete project scope – through creation of bid instructions
- Select bidders
- Evaluate and qualify subcontractor proposals
- Prepare budget cost estimate
- Value Engineering through scope, sequencing & design evaluations
- Negotiate with subcontractors (buyout and extras), and issue subcontracts
- Manage and maintain project costs – issue subcontract change orders
- Retain detailed project information
- Work on multiple projects at one time
- Meet deadlines
- Subcontractors abilities and areas of expertise
- Knowledge of the seasonal changes, and effect on construction costs
- Construction types and techniques
- Costs of construction: concrete, masonry, steel, carpentry, doors, mechanicals etc.
- Building codes, estimating, safety requirements
- Architectural knowledge (styles, terms, details etc.)
MSI General is in its 63rd year as a leading edge Design-Build firm in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. We are currently looking to hire a marketing coordinator to lead the company’s marketing and communication efforts. MSI General offers Single Source Responsibility™ to create new facilities, renovate existing facilities, and envision real estate development opportunities. We consistently deliver excellence in design, in estimating and in construction management. We have made this our commitment to our team and to our clients.
MSI General operates in an environment that requires teamwork in all aspects of completing successful projects. We consider every employee to be an essential team member. In order to accomplish our work, we are committed to individual and corporate excellence in all we do. This requires each of us to accept personal responsibility in the daily execution of our jobs. It means we are accountable to each other, our company vision, our clients, and that we each hold one another to this standard of teamwork. We expect our team members to carry out their responsibilities with integrity, work within company guidelines, and accurately represent company products and services. We strive to be accurate and complete in sharing information and respect requests for confidentiality. We seek to embrace and demonstrate our Core
Values of Integrity, Commitment, Trust, Passion and Teamwork in our daily decisions and long-term goals.
Basic Qualifications – Required:
- 3 years of experience in a marketing role
Basic Qualifications – Preferred:
- Associate Degree or B.S. degree in Marketing or a related field
- 5 years of experience in a marketing role
- Experience related to an architectural and/or construction firm
- Assist the Office Manager with creating, updating and maintaining social media content and digital advertising elements including (but not exclusively) LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Maintain and update the company website on a consistent basis.
- Write copy for press releases, ads, whitepaper articles, brochures and electronic applications
- Attain a working knowledge of MSI General’s past projects and assist in applying to current opportunities
- Attend and participate in department, company, and team meetings as necessary
- Learn general knowledge of field operations, design and sales to promote and support department and company goals
- Create branding materials in all aspects of public relations related to MSI General
- Assist in coordinating photo shoots with professional photographers and maintain photo library of projects
- Support design department with award submissions and photographs
- Regularly monitor MSI General’s social media profile using keyword search tools for feedback
- Assist in coordinating and developing internal responses to project specific RFP, presentation opportunities and client interviews.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to provide advertising & promotional strategies with Sales Manager
- Layout design software: Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Suite, Dream Weaver, In Design, Word Press, Constant Contact
- Website management software
- Graphic design
- Experience with video content
- Experience with email marketing campaigns
- Develop external partnerships to drive brand growth
- An understanding of current construction trends
The following five traits represent the culture of MSI General. It is expected that each team member holds and practices these Core Values:
- Integrity – We hold each other and ourselves accountable to maintain the highest ethical standards
- Commitment – We are engaged and passionate about our work and dedicated to our profession.
- Trust – We are honest competent and follow through on what we say.
- Passion – We are passionate about providing a unique design build experience.
- Teamwork – We accomplish our best work as a collaborative team through accountability communication and respect.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time, 40 hour a week position. MSI General offers a salaried compensation package which includes health care, vacation and sick days, bonus program, 401k, and profit sharing. Salary compensation will be commensurate with experience.